Share us on: TB-twitter.png TB-facebook.png

Business Hours: 8am - 3pm Mon-Fri, Closed 12-1pm & Holidays

Ph: 403.748.4044        Fx: 403.748.3213

Small Town Charm


1. How many dogs and/or cats am I allowed to have.  When are licenses due and what is the cost?     

  • No more than 3 dogs and/or 3 cats, over the age of 6 months shall be kept on any property within the Town
  • The owner of a dog or cat shall ensure that a license is purchased for the current year.
  • License tags issued prior to January 31st in the year shall be charged as follows:
    • $35 - Male or Female" "unaltered"
    • $25 - Spayed or Neutered
  • License tags issued after January 31st in the year shall be charged as follows:
    • $45 - Male or Female" "unaltered"
    • $35 - Spayed or Neutered

2.  What are the days and hours of operation for the Transfer Site?
  • Transfer Site Hours:
    • Thursday and Friday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
    • Saturday: 2:00pm to 6:00pm
    • Transfer Site is closed on Statutory holidays
  • For further information, contact the Transfer Site:    (403) 748-3961

3.  Is there a recycling facility in Bentley?
  • Recycling bins are located at the Transfer Site
  • Items accepted:  cardboard (not wax coated), newspapers, magazines, paper products, plastic (clean), tin cans (clean)
  • absolutely no plastic in the paper bin
  • Not Accepted:  glass

4.  What are the fees for the Municipal Campground and can sites be reserved?

  • Campsites can be reserved by calling the Town Office, Monday - Friday (403) 748-4044.  Payment must be made at time of reservation.
  • Fees for camping are $25 per unit per night.
  • A washroom/shower facility is available for use.
  • No hookups
  • Dumping site and water tap with potable water.
  • Quiet hours are between 11:00pm and 7:00am.  We ask that you please respect your neighbors and obey all rules posted in the campground.
  • Campground hosts are on site 24 hours a day.

5.  What is a Real Property Report?

  • real property report is a site plan drawn by an Alberta Land Surveyor that shows the location of all buildings and other visible improvement situated on a parcel of land, including their distance from the property boundaries.  Any easements or rights of way registered against the title of the property at the date of the survey will also be shown.In preparing a real property report, the surveyor is required to note any visible encroachments that extend onto the property or from the property onto other adjoining lands. The real property report is a legal document that you can rely upon as an accurate representation of the development existing on a piece of land.
  • A compliance certificate is a document issued by the Town to verify whether or not the existing buildings and/or other visible improvements that are shown on the real property report meets the setback requirements of the Town's Land Use Bylaw.
  • The Town usually receives a request for a compliance certificate in connection with the purchase or sale of a property as the lender or buyer wants to know if the development on the property conforms to the Town's Land Use Bylaw.  The compliance certificate will tell them that everything is in order, or that a compliance or other encroachment problem exists. Lenders typically require a statement confirming that the development complies with municipal bylaws or that any problem is resolved prior to the registration of a mortgage.  It is important that you check the lender's requirements carefully as some may be willing to accept an existing real property report in which case the seller may have one available for you.  Others may insist on a current real property report.  You also need to clarify whether a real property report is all that is required.  Normally, they will want a compliance certificate from the Town.
  • The Town will accept a real property report or another survey document that is not current, however, staff will draw attention to the fact that the survey is not current and that the development described on the real property report or other document may not accurately reflect what is presently on the site.  Sometimes, the current property owner is required by the financial institution or the buyer to sign a statutory declaration confirming that there have been no changes made to the site (in terms of new or replacement buildings or building additions, or other surface improvements) since the date of the survey.
  • The Town will not release a copy of any existing real property report that it may have in its possession due to the copyright restrictions placed on the document by the surveyor.  You may contact the survey firm to obtain a copy direct from them.